As always, we are excited to share with you the thoughts and feelings of our wise contributors– especially on the gruesome topic of mass human extinction!
This week we are featuring Kat Dixon, who can be found in Artifice 4. She is also the author of the poem-book TEMPORARY YES (Artistically Declined Press 2012) and several chapbooks. She can be found blinking here.
1. Preferred type of apocalypse (plague, nuclear holocaust, ice age, etc.):
I hold no stock in apocalypse. I live in a city with one of the highest densities of Jews in the country, so I am legally obligated to whisper during this conversation.
2. Preferred post-apocalyptic city:
Any in Florida because they have the most funeral homes.
3. Preferred anti-zombie weapon:
Someone weaker than me.
5. Top five necessities to bring to the fallout shelter:
Gregory Sherl x 5
6. Describe said fallout shelter:
Bed. Preferably not an air mattress with a leak.
7. Who would be in your post-apocalyptic gang?
The cast of the 90s television show Felicity.
8. You’re the new charismatic leader of a cult of your choosing. What do you wear to your first meeting?
9. Spirit guide?
Giraffe – tall and yellow; concerned with eating
10. If you had to eat another author (in Artifice 4 or otherwise) who would it be and why?
Millie, George Bush’s dog – – because why did that dog “write” a book? Someone is lying and another someone deserves to be eaten.
11. A cockroach can live several weeks with its head cut off. What does this mean to you?
Find a better way to kill it.